Sunday, August 27, 2006

Another One Bites the Dust!



I did it! I finished the quilt that will be my stepson's Christmas present this year. What do you think? He said he needed some color for his [very beige] apartment -- I hope it's not *too* much color for him.

Today was a very good day. DD#1 came over so her mommy could make her waffles for breakfast while her hubby was off playing golf. While she was here, we shopped online for bedding for her baby, and I actually got to feel my grandprincess moving in her tummy just a tiny little bit. It's such a wonderful feeling, waiting to meet this new little member of our family. It's just as exciting as it was waiting for the first grandchild. I suppose it's like waiting for your own babies to be born, in the sense that each child is unique and a special treasure in and of themselves.

After that wonderful morning I got back to work on this quilt and finished it just in time for supper. I can't think of a much better day -- breakfast with DH, DD#1, and the future little princess followed by an afternoon of constructive sewing, ending with proof that I got something done this weekend. Life is grand, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home