Friday, September 08, 2006

Thankfully, It's FRIDAY

Has this seemed like a long week to you? If you were lucky enough (like me) to have Monday off work, did the 4-day week seem more like a 7-day week? It did around here. But it's Friday now -- hurrah!

If you *were* off on Monday, and if you went shopping or to an event of some sort where others were working, did you remember to thank them for working so that *you* could enjoy an extra day off? I remembered to thank the check-out clerk at our grocery store, and seemed really touched by that. I hope it made her day a little better.

So. What do you do when you learn your still-fairly-new boss is leaving the company? Not just leaving the company, but moving cross-country. And don't say "apply for his/her job" -- I don't want it, and wouldn't be good at it. 'Nuff said. ;-) But don't you hate it when you just start getting to know someone and then they leave? I do!

So that's my week in a nutshell. After being off all last week because of hypertension that seemed to have gone into overdrive (it's much better now), then coming back to work only to learn that Boss is moving on ... I'm not that happy of a camper this morning.

Except ... it IS Friday. And tomorrow I will meet my pregnant daughter for lunch followed by shopping for fabrics with which to decorate her baby's room -- I'm *really* looking forward to Saturday!

1 Comments:

At 5:44 PM , Blogger Terry Grant said...

Am I your first commenter? I just saw your blog address on a QuiltArt message and dropped in to take a look. Your quilts are beautiful. The leaf quilt is great and the Storm at Sea is delicious!

I'll look forward to seeing what you do next.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home