Monday, September 11, 2006

An Important Day

Unless you recently crawled out from under a rock, you're well aware that today is an important day in U.S. history -- one we wish we didn't have. It's undoubtedly important to those of another ilk, who despise Americans and wish to rid the Earth of our presence.

I could say so many things about today, but it's all been said before.

I try to understand why this happened. I try to understand "their" motivation. Sometimes I think I'm getting close to understanding, but then again .... I just can't. I can't understand wanting to blow away thousands of people to make a point -- whether it's "them" or "us". And I especially cannot understand how or why anyone could or would kill in the name of God.

I've struggled all day, trying to find the words to express my feelings. The words won't come.

So, I'll simply acknowledge today and express my sorrow to every single person who has lost a loved one, either on this day five years ago, or since then, in the war on terrorism.

Tomorrow will be a better day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home