Monday, August 02, 2010

On The Move

Okay ... so I've been absent from this blog for quite a long time. A lot has happened in that time -- too much to really recap, so here's the short version:

* Recuperated from surgery successfully
* Went back to work after a 2-month leave of absence for recuperation
* Gained a beautiful grandprincess thanks to daughter & SIL
* Got a new boss
* Lost the husband unexpectedly to another "woman" (I'm trying to be nice)
* Divorce finalized 10 months later
* Was found by my long-lost younger brother (!!!)
* Reconnected with long-lost friends from HS thanks to Facebook
* Maintained quilting passion and quilting friends
* Gained a 2nd beautiful grandprincess thanks to son and DIL
* Reconnection with one HS friend began to turn into something really special
* Lost my 24-year job with Toyota

And now, it's time to make a move. A really really BIG move for me: I'm leaving Texas and moving to Ohio to be with Rex, my extra-special high school friend. Who's turned out to be SOOO much more than that.

It's still mind-boggling to both of us, but something we're both grateful for. The time that we're apart is becoming harder and harder to bear. He's been trying for months to find work down here, to no avail. I've been off work for 2 months, and am having a very difficult time finding prospects here as well. Ironically enough, even though everyone *knows* the economy is a lot better in Texas than Ohio, I seem to be finding a lot more possibilities up there than here, he's already got a secure job up there, we both own our own home, but believe mine will be easier to sell ("easier" being a relative term, of course), so when we add it all together, it seems that me moving up there is best for us at this time.

We both want to be back down here, sooner rather than later, and will continue working toward that. But in the meantime, I'm sorting, tossing, giving away and packing all the JUNK that's accumulated in this house over the last 15 years, and putting it on the market ASAP.

I'd hoped to have it on the market before the end of July, but it hasn't happened yet ... mainly because I need to have some shingles replaced on the roof (to repair a leak), and then repair an interior ceiling, before my consciounce will let me list it. I've had several roofers be no-shows; this morning's first chore was to call 4 more and set up appts with them for estimates THIS WEEK.

So ... I'm in high-panic mode now, taking a break from packing to finally get back to this blog. Like I don't have anything else to do -- LOL. But I may be a bit more active from here on out, as I chronicle this exciting journey ... to Ohio!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home