Wednesday, August 18, 2010

And The Packing Goes On ...

Wow. You should SEE the stacks and stacks of boxes I'm building! I'll take pictures eventually, but for now, you have to take my word for it.

Thanks to two wonderful, dear friends -- Diane and Charmaine -- my sewing room is almost packed up. The only things remaining are three drawer-type plastic bins that hold fabric, WIPs and PIPs. And probably a couple of UFOs as well. There are 23 -- count 'em .. 23! -- boxes stacked and ready to go in that room alone.

In the upstairs family room, there are 20+ more boxes packed, taped and dutifully labeled. I'm embarrassed to admit that most of those boxes are quilt or sewing-related things.

In the guest room are 4 big boxes of bedding, decorative stuff, and whatever else I can cram in there with all that padding, and 4 wardrobe boxes. My goal is to finish the upstairs today, no matter what!

Not really sure that'll happen, but I'll come very close, for sure.

This has been a long, torturous, overwhelming project, let me tell you. To all my fellow packrats, this could be you. I intend to turn over a new leaf: my new rule is that nothing new comes into the house unless it's replacing something that's going away. The alternative is to move every year or two, and I'm such a big homebody I don't see that happening!

Okay -- time for lunch, and then back to work!

1 Comments:

At 5:11 PM , Blogger Diane said...

I'll bring my minions and we'll get your kitchen packed up this week. And anything else you need packed.
For a Starbuck's and some grub. ;^)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home