Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Trash & Trinkets Day!

I'm making good progress in packing up the house, and now we're down to mostly odds-n-ends stuff ... take this? give it away? trash it?

My daughter and I had a garage sale a month ago. We made some decent money, but it didn't seem to put a dent in the stuff that MUST go away. So I started Freecycling some things -- that's working out great! If you have a Freecycle group in your area, take advantage of it; I've received some really nice things from the group, and given away even more. You don't get a charitable tax receipt, but you know that the recipient really appreciates what they get.

This morning I have a lady coming to pick up several bags of very nice clothes that I can no longer wear because I've lost weight. I've hung onto these things for a couple of years -- just in case, you know -- but now it's time to let someone else enjoy them. And I'm sure she will.

I also have someone coming to get the gas grill I no longer use. I tried to sell it in the garage sale; no takers. But lots of people wanted to come pick it up for free, so there it goes too. It'll save me trying to get it to the Salvation Army or Goodwill stores; in fact, I'm not even sure they'd take it. It's a perfectly good grill that someone will enjoy for years to come!

Best news of the day: my friend Connie is coming to help me empty the garage and take all that stuff to Goodwill in her hubby's truck. YEA!!! I'll be SO happy to have the garage emptied out!

More importantly, I'm SO grateful for friends like her who will drive 60 miles one way to help me out for a few hours. Am I blessed, or what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home